To “confirm” and “verify” your PayPal account is a crucial part of doing business online and a requirement by MJM Autohaus, Inc. in order to accept a PayPal payment from our customers. This is a policy set forth by PayPal to protect its users and create a secure online community. By shipping only to confirmed and verified accounts, MJM Autohaus, Inc. is helping to ensure that merchandise is being shipped to the PayPal account holder.
A confirmed address is one that has been validated by PayPal and established as belonging to the PayPal account holder. PayPal confirms addresses to help:
· Guard against stolen credit cards.
· Verify your identity.
· Decrease chances of vendors receiving a fraud-related chargeback.
To validate an address, PayPal ensures that the buyer's credit card billing and shipping address are the same, or they examine the buyer's PayPal account history and confirm the address. Currently, PayPal can only confirm addresses for the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom
To learn more about confirmed addresses:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Security Center at the top of the page.
3. Click Selling Safely.
4. Click Confirmed address.
What is an unconfirmed address?
An unconfirmed address is an address PayPal hasn’t been able to reliably associate with the PayPal account holder. There are a number of reasons why a buyer’s legitimate address might be unconfirmed. For example:
· Buyer may have recently added the new address to their PayPal account
· The buyer lives in a country where address confirmation is not available.
How do I get Verified?
Get Verified by adding and confirming a bank account.
To confirm your bank account added to your PayPal account, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your account.
2. Click the My Account tab.
3. Click Profile at the top of the page.
4. Click the Bank Accounts link in the Financial Information column.
5. Click Confirm.
If your bank qualifies for instant bank confirmation, you will have two options:
· Instantly confirm your bank account online - If you have online access to your bank account, you can enter login to confirm your bank account in two to three minutes.
· If your bank does not qualify for instant bank confirmation, you will see only the random deposits option.
Confirm your bank account by random
PayPal sends two deposits to your bank account between .01 USD and .99 USD. After two to three business days, check your bank account for the two amounts and follow these steps:
Log in to your PayPal account.
1. Click the My Account tab.
2. Click Profile at the top of the page.
3. Click the Bank Accounts link in the Financial Information column.
4. Click Confirm.
5. Enter the two amounts in the boxes provided.
6. Click Submit.
If you have not completed one of these steps, your account is NOT VERIFIED.